- International Users. Please note that our Website, Applications and Services are provided in the U.S. and intended for U.S. residents. As such, they are governed by US law. If you use our Website, Applications or Services, your Personal Data will be subject to U.S. law and processed in the U.S. or in other countries.
Types of Data We Collect.
Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail address, phone number, and the DRE number of your real estate agent (or your DRE number if you are an agent yourself) when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”). Each time you sign on, rather than requiring a password, we will send you an SMS message with a unique code that you should enter in the sign-on screen in order to access your Account. We may associate the phone number you submit during the Account registration process to your mobile device identification information. As a borrower, by registering an Account, you can save information such as chats and loan documents for later review and update.
- As a borrower, if you choose to submit loan or financing related documents to your loan officer through the Services, including, for example, a photograph of your driver’s license or other government-issued identification, you must give us permission to access your mobile device’s camera and photos. We collect the photographs you submit to the Services when you use your mobile device’s camera through our Services or otherwise upload photographs from your mobile device to our Services. These photographs and other documents that you upload through the Services are shared with your loan officer(s) and other entities that assist in your loan application process.
- If you tell us where you are located (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may store and use that information to provide you with location-based information. If you want to deactivate this feature, you can either delete and reinstall the Application or deactivate GPS on your mobile device.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as your chat conversations with the RedDoor chatbot and/or with your loan officer through the Services.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- We may also collect Personal Data, such as at other points in our Website, Application, and Services that state that Personal Data is being collected.
Information Collected via Technology.
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Website, Application, and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Mobile Services. We may also collect information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our Application(s). This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use the Application(s), and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our Application(s) crash on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Application(s).
Information Collected from Third Parties.
- We may receive additional information about you from third party partners, including credit reporting agencies and lenders, and combine it with other information that we have about you.
- If you are listed as a co-borrower on a loan, we may collect information about you from a registered user who has an Account with the Services in order to process the loan.
- A registered user may also have the opportunity to invite a co-borrower to create an Account with RedDoor and use the Services.
Use of Your Personal Data
General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- provide improved administration of our Website, Application, and Services;
- if you are a borrower, perform a credit check through a credit reporting agency and generate a credit profile;
- provide the Services you request, including identifying borrowers’ (and co-borrowers’) maximum buying power, generating pre-approval letters and loan options, processing loans, and facilitating communications between borrowers and lenders about loan applications;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Website, Application, and Services; send you a welcome e-mail and/or text message to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail or text notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- provide you with alerts and updates regarding your loan options and/or loan status; and
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of RedDoor.
- User Testimonials and Feedback. We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We occasionally publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify our users by their first and last name and may also indicate their home city. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting his or her name along with the testimonial. We may post user feedback on the Website from time to time. We will share your feedback with your first name and last initial only. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting your name with your feedback. If you make any comments on a blog or forum associated with our Website, you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these blogs and forums.
- Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Website navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
- Third Parties Designated by You. When you use the Services, the Personal Data you provide will be shared with the third parties that you authorize to receive such information. For example, the status of your loan application may be shared with the real estate agent(s) linked to your Account through your referral code.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may provide your Personal Data to (a) third party service providers to provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Website and Application, including with respect to borrowers; (a) credit reporting agencies to perform credit checks, (b) potential lenders to evaluate your eligibility for pre-approval for a loan, to secure and/or service a loan; and/or © other service providers who assist in qualifying, processing, and closing your loan; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to RedDoor.
Your Choices Regarding Your Information. You have several choices regarding use of information on our Services:
- Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
- Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. All users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Data in their Account by contacting us or by editing their settings via the Services. If you completely delete all of your Personal Data, then your Account may become deactivated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
- Applications. You can stop all collection of information by the Application by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
- Security of Your Personal Data. RedDoor is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We do not store sensitive user data (like social security number, FICO score or credit reports). All sensitive data is encrypted in transit (while it is operated on) via Very Good Security Inc. (getvgs.com) before being deleted. We also use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while RedDoor uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, RedDoor cannot guarantee its absolute security.